Job Placement Services
Altrain Dental Assisting Academy offers Job Placement Assistance. The curriculum includes a three-hour job placement presentation where we discuss how to find a employment, where to find a employment, what to wear, what to say, etc. Our job placement services are outlined in detail below. We view job placement as a team effort and expect students to remain in contact with us throughout their job search. We are proud of our 2018-2019 Job Placement Rate of 90%.
After completion of the program graduates are qualified to work in any dental office as a front or back office assistant including all specialties, such as Orthodontics, Oral Surgery, Endodontics, Periodontics, and Pediatrics. There are no additional educational requirements to work as a specialty assistant. Our students are thoroughly prepared in all aspects of dentistry.
Job Placement Services include:
- Preparation of a Customized Resume – We have over a 100 resume templates and formats to choose from. Each student can pick their own template and we prepare a professional resume for them. The templates are designed to match the student’s personality, some are very professional, others are a little more fun and modern. Resumes are updated throughout their careers at no charge and printed on professional resume paper to make them stand out in interviews.
- Preparation of Custom Cover Letters – Each student is also provided a custom cover letter to match their resume. The cover letters highlight student’s personality, skills and qualifications. Students are also taught how to customize the letters when applying for jobs and the importance of using key words.
- On the Job Training – Optional Internship/Externship Opportunities – Altrain Dental Assisting Academy arranges internship/externships for students, if desired. There is no additional charge for this service and students have the opportunity to complete 100+ hours in a dental office. We start internship placement in the 11th week of school. Although it is not required externships are highly encouraged. Benefits of completing an externship include gaining real world experience, looks excellent on a resume and may lead into a job or networking opportunity.
- Interview Tips and Techniques – During the presentation we thoroughly discuss the interview process and how to land your first job. We discuss potential interview questions and how to answer them. We teach students how to do research on dental offices and avoid common mistakes. Additionally, all students are provided the opportunity to participate in mock interviews with our staff and instructors.
- Professional Head Shots – Each student is provided a professional head shot. We have a professional photographer on staff. These photos can be used for social media profiles including Linkedin and Indeed. They can also be put on students resumes and sent along with job applications.
- Direct Placement Leads – Altrain Dental Assisting Academy is well known in the Phoenix Metro Area for training excellent dental assistants. Dental office’s contact the school on a weekly basis seeking entry-level dental assistants for their staffing needs. Our job leads come from all over the valley and include a wide range of opportunity for front and back office positions at general and specialty offices. When an office contacts us, we contact our students with the details and send their resumes directly to the dental office. These leads contribute to approximately 60% of our job placement rate.
We will make every effort to place you in a dental position, however, this is not offered as an inducement and no guarantee or representation of placement or employment is made or implied.
Employment of dental assistants is projected to grow 19 percent from 2016 to 2026, much faster than the average for all occupations. Ongoing research linking oral health and general health will continue to increase the demand for preventive dental services. Dentists will continue to hire dental assistants to complete routine tasks, allowing the dentist to work more efficiently. As dental practices grow, more dental assistants will be needed.
As the large baby-boom population ages, and as people keep more of their original teeth than did previous generations, the need to maintain and treat teeth will continue to increase the need for dental care.
Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Dental Assistants, on the Internet at https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/dental-assistants.htm (visited September 17, 2018).
We will make every effort to place you in a dental position, however , this is not offered as an inducement and no guarantee or representation of placement or employment is made or implied.
what our students are saying…
If you want a great hands on, small class size, educators willing to help you succeed and know your name you have the right place. Look no further!! I walked into Altrain only because I heard the ad on the radio. Instantly, I felt like this was the place to get my career path on the right track. My first person I ran into sat down and told me everything I would need to do to start school all the way to the end and how they would help place me for a job.
I highly recommend Altrain dental assisting academy, it is a great school and only a short 13 weeks. I took night classes and loved the amount of time that we actually got practice everything hands on. Everyone at the school is very nice and helpful.
I absolutely love Altrain! I’m confident the instructors and small class sizes will make for an easy 13 weeks! The hands on learning really helps things stick in my memory. I’m so excited to see where my future will go after graduation. Thanks Altrain!
I’ve been currently attending Altrain dental school and I love it! Everything about it is absolutely perfect! The teachers, the class size and all the hands on learning we do. I couldn’t be more happy that I choose to go to Altrain.
This school is awesome, the instructors and staff are so nice and caring and really do everything they can to make this possible. Class was fun and hands on and you learn so much in a short period of time!
Great school! They have the best instructor and staff. The classes are small, it’s hands on, and it’s only 13 weeks.
Great instructors and a great hands on program! Highly recommend going to Altrain!
If you are lost on what to do for your career or what school to attend, I 100% recommend you choose Altrain! The staff is amazing & teach you everything you need to know in order to be successful in this job field. I already had 3 job offers only a week after graduation! They are amazing!
I had visited and toured a couple other dental assistant schools besides Altrain and none of them compared to Altrain. The facility is definitely made to look like a dental office 100% and with a lot of space to work. If you want somewhere reliable and with friendly staff this is the place for you. In 13 weeks you will get the right amount of information to be successful in your dental field career! Totally recommended!
I too did a lot of research on Dental Assisting schools before I chose Altrain. For starters they were the ONLY school that actually offers everything that you need to be successful in your career. X-ray, Coronal Polish, CPR and Dentrix (front office too)! They have more than double the amount of days and hours of all the other short programs. That’s why everyone passes the state exams. The other schools say they do it too but there is no way they can find the time in 1 or 2 days a week. The school is so clean and looks just like a dental office. And when Altrain says the offer job placement, they mean it!!! My resume and cover letter are fantastic! Tannis sent me on 4 job leads before graduation and I had a job a week after I finished the program! When it comes to Dental Assisting this is the ONLY school to even consider!!!!
Interested in Learning More?