Job Placement Services
Altrain Dental Assisting Academy offers Job Placement Assistance. The curriculum includes a three-hour job placement presentation where we discuss how to find a employment, where to find a employment, what to wear, what to say, etc. Our job placement services are outlined in detail below. We view job placement as a team effort and expect students to remain in contact with us throughout their job search. We are proud of our 2018-2019 Job Placement Rate of 90%.
After completion of the program graduates are qualified to work in any dental office as a front or back office assistant including all specialties, such as Orthodontics, Oral Surgery, Endodontics, Periodontics, and Pediatrics. There are no additional educational requirements to work as a specialty assistant. Our students are thoroughly prepared in all aspects of dentistry.
Job Placement Services include:
- Preparation of a Customized Resume – We have over a 100 resume templates and formats to choose from. Each student can pick their own template and we prepare a professional resume for them. The templates are designed to match the student’s personality, some are very professional, others are a little more fun and modern. Resumes are updated throughout their careers at no charge and printed on professional resume paper to make them stand out in interviews.
- Preparation of Custom Cover Letters – Each student is also provided a custom cover letter to match their resume. The cover letters highlight student’s personality, skills and qualifications. Students are also taught how to customize the letters when applying for jobs and the importance of using key words.
- On the Job Training – Externships – Our Dental Assistant with Externship Program requires a 160 hour externship. Although it is not required externships are highly encouraged. Benefits of completing an externship include gaining real world experience, looks excellent on a resume and may lead into a job or networking opportunity.
- Interview Tips and Techniques – During the presentation we thoroughly discuss the interview process and how to land your first job. We discuss potential interview questions and how to answer them. We teach students how to do research on dental offices and avoid common mistakes. Additionally, all students are provided the opportunity to participate in mock interviews with our staff and instructors.
- Professional Head Shots – Each student is provided a professional head shot. These photos can be used for social media profiles including Linkedin and Indeed. They can also be put on students resumes and sent along with job applications.
- Direct Placement Leads – Altrain Dental Assisting Academy is well known in the Phoenix Metro Area for training excellent dental assistants. Dental office’s contact the school on a weekly basis seeking entry-level dental assistants for their staffing needs. Our job leads come from all over the valley and include a wide range of opportunity for front and back office positions at general and specialty offices. When an office contacts us, we contact our students with the details and send their resumes directly to the dental office. These leads contribute to approximately 60% of our job placement rate.
We will make every effort to place you in a dental position, however, this is not offered as an inducement and no guarantee or representation of placement or employment is made or implied.